Friday, 20 May 2011

Day 4

Today I was asked to film an exhibit up in the visitor centre called 'The Plant Take-Away'. This is basically a 5 minute piece that plays on repeat, with a typical living room set-up. The exhibit asks, what would happen if we had no plants? And gradually everything starts to deplete, no books or paper, no chairs, no food etc. So I decided to watch it through and take notes of each caption. Then decided to film each part. Luckily it plays on a continuum so I was able to change shot between each sequence.

This was filmed to start planning a bigger film process on the exhibition so it was great to be able to help in the pre-production stages.

There was also a team meeting today. It was very interesting to be a part of that and to here what everyone on the team had been up to. Particularly the graphics team. While I have never really been into graphics it was interesting to here exactly how much effort goes in to the tiniest details.

They also asked if I could sort out some of the graphics on the "Freaky Nature" videos which I was happy to help with and could continue doing that on my final day, tomorrow.

In the latter part of today I went down to the biomes and took photographs for the website in their 'My Day at Eden' section. Armed with a DSLR and release forms I tried to capture unplanned moments as I noticed that a lot of the pictures on the page were quite posed. I feel as though I got some really nice shots and hope to see them on the website soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment